Bass Station 2 Web editor
Control your Bass Station 2 synthesizer from your web browser. No more hidden parameters, now they are all visible on screen.
Save, load and even print your patches.
And, for the fun, let the application create a patch with the randomizer.
This application requires a browser that support the Web MIDI API
Currently, only Chrome and Opera support this standard. This editor will therefore not
work in Firefox, Safari or IE or Edge.
This editor does not work on iPad or Android tablet either.
The editor is compatible with the Bass Station v2.5 firmware. However some features are not available within this editor.
For the following features you need to use the Novation Component
website or application:
- Tuning table edition
- Startup message edition
This editor has mainly been tested with Chrome on a MacBook pro running OS X 10.11. The editor also seems to work without problems in Linux as well as in Windows, with Chrome in each case.
- The Save Patch functionnality has been temporarily removed until it is fixed to be compatible with the firmware 2.5 sysex format.
In the meantime you can use Novation Component to save your patches or the
the Get URL menu option to get a bookmarkable editor URL containing the full patch definition.
- The Bass Station does not send the Patch Number in its dump data anymore. Therefore, the editor is unable to display the current patch number after the startup.
- the Patch Volume is not accessible through this editor yet.
- Open the editor at http://sysex.io/bs2/
- Allow the browser to use your MIDI devices
- If it's not already done, connect your Bass Station 2 to your computer.
- When the Bass Station 2 is connected the application logo will glow.
- Move a dial or a slider on your Bass Station 2, the corresponding on-screen control must move accordingly.
- Move a knob or a slider in the application, the corresponding parameter must follow in the Bass Station 2.
- I : init
- R : randomize
- L : toggle latch
- O : toggle arpeggiator
- S (or P, or ESC) : stop the current note
- Up, Down, Left, Right : patch up / down
- A..G : play the corresponding note. Add Shift for sharp and Alt for flat.
- SPACE : play the last played note
Novation is a registered trade mark of Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited.
Bass Station II is a trade mark of Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited.
This editor is not endorsed by, directly affiliated with, maintained, or sponsored by Novation.